The politics of cultural practice :thinking through theatre in an age of globalization
- 作者: Bharucha, Rustom,
- 出版: Hanover, NH : Wesleyan University Press ©2000.
- 稽核項: x, 191 pages ;24 cm.
- 標題: Drama , History and criticism. , Drama History and criticism. , Theater.
- ISBN: 0819564230 , 9780819564238
- 附註: Includes bibliographical references (pages 177-183) and index. Interculturalism and its discriminations: shifting the agendas of the national, the multicultural, and the global -- When 'eternal India' meets the YPO: culture and globalization -- Gundegowda meets Peer Gynt: intracultural negotiations in theatre -- Towards a politics of sexuality: critical notes on Spider woman and Fire -- Phantoms of the other: fragments of the communal unconscious -- The shifting sites of secularism: cultural politics and activism in India today -- Afterwords: the body in crisis and the future of the intercultural.
- 摘要: Refuting the notion that the West is everywhere, Rustom Bharucha draws on the emergent cultures of secular struggle in contemporary India to engage with the volatile global issues of intellectual property rights, cultural tourism, and the marking of minorities on the basis of religion, caste, language, gender, and sexuality.
- 系統號: 005269849
- 資料類型: 圖書
- 讀者標籤: 需登入
- 引用網址: 複製連結